Thu, Aug 18|
SSC 101 Goal Setting- Creating an Academic Road Map
Online class for students ages 11-14. This course is all about goal setting! Choose your academic destination and map out the path it will take to get there while learning about planning, time management, and flexibility.
Time & Location
Aug 18, 2022, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
About the event
Study skills and work habits are the backbone of academic success. But most of us have not been directly taught these skills and are lacking the ability to use them effectively.
In this series of interactive and impactful courses, learn how to set and achieve your academic goals so you have the
most successful school year ever!
Let's go on an Academic Road Trip!
First we must choose our destination and map out the best course to get there! Through this fun, role-playing class, you will:
- Choose an achievable semester-long academic goal
- Discover dangers (weaknesses) can keep you from reaching our destination
- Find the fuel (strengths) can keep you going
- Learn how to utilize rest stops effectively to readjust your plan
- Schedule and plan effectively so you get to your destination on time
We will focus on these executive functioning skills: planning, flexibility, time management, and metacognition.
Take a trip with us today!